Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I don't do the Ghetto Look!

This week, I have achieved another millstone…   I’m (unofficially) down 35 Lb’s since I began my weight loss journey.  This is good timing for me because my wife and I are heading to Vegas soon to celebrate our anniversary and her birthday (which both happen to occur within 24 hours of each other).

I figured this was a good time to invest in some slightly smaller and better fitting clothes.  Also, I didn’t want to look like a slob when we go to Vegas.  It’s just too hard to look like a High Roller when you’re wearing a T-Shirt that says “What happens in Salado, Stays in Salado”. So I went shopping for a few new Button-Down Shirts and some new Cargo Shorts.

Here’s the problem.   Clothing Merchandisers are perpetually stuck in the MTV mindset.   Let me explain.

You know how stupid and idiotic guys look with their pants hanging halfway down their butts?  And there’s also the moronic look of the pants (or shorts, take your pick) that hang to about mid shin.

Well, I went to three different major stores today and could find nothing tasteful that a middle aged, middle class white man would be seen in.  I’m not kidding.  Everything is that stupid Ghetto Look…  

The lady in one of the stores told me “Kids think it’s stylish”…  

And as politely as possible, I said “You’ve got to be out of your mind!  Look at me!  I want something that fit’s my waistline and doesn’t touch my knees and is meant to be starched and ironed.”

She told me I was showing my age.  I told her people my age preferred to wear clothes that didn’t make us look like morons.

I did find some really nice button down shirts for $12.50 each…   What a deal!  Sure, they were probably made in a sweat shop in Indonesia, but times are tough and I was able to get 5 sweat shop shirts for the price of one button down Ralph Lauren shirt. 


As for the cargo shorts, I guess I’ll have to search eBay.

I’ll keep you posted…   Adios!

Copyright © 2011 Denning Key

2 comments:

  1. Lol, yea most guys wear either the "ghetto" look or wear the womens " skinny jeans". Glad it wasn't a total loss and you found something to be comfortable in.hope u goys have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete