Wednesday, February 6, 2013

No wonder we're in trouble

I am always amazed at the naiveté that walks our streets.

I’m not kidding.  I honestly wonder what is being taught in our schools these days.  Actually, I know what they’re teaching because I have three daughters, and I’m unimpressed with some of the stuff they have been taught.

Fortunately, I intervene when I am aware, so that my children are not brainwashed by popular cultural thought.

For example, we explained to our kids (at an early age) that it has never been proven, nor do I believe there’s such a thing as “ man made global warming”.  As a matter of fact, the followers of the Church of the Environmentally Religious (as I like to call modern day environmentalists), gave up on calling it Global Warming, so they changed it to “Climate Change”…   Oh Really?

I prefer to call it “The Hand of God”. 

Ok, so Mother Earth has cycles of climate “up’s & down’s”.  It couldn't be Solar Winds could it?...   Oh Noooo!...

It’s pretty easy to see from the outside looking in that, if it’s a man made problem, then a government wants to punish, penalize and tax it…   Basically, another feeble attack on Industrial Capitalism, if you ask me, and that’s when “Our” money ends up in “Their” pockets…

Let’s face it…   If something is caused by “The Hand of God”, well, then governments are just “sh!t out of luck”, as far as “taxing” goes.

I understand how kids these days actually believe in man made global warming.  It’s because it gets shoved down their throats day after day at school and on TV.  It’s insane!

But I digress…   Let’s move on to a recent observation of mine.

A while back, I accompanied my wife and her family to an event in San Antonio.  We had a blast: However, while attending a poolside cocktail party, I noticed a young woman wearing a “Choose Peace” T-Shirt.

Do what?   “Choose Peace?”…  

Let me quote a great American Patriot, Ted Nugent, by saying “ARE YOU KIDDING?”.

Now let’s get something straight…  You can choose to make peace your goal, you can choose to take steps to negotiate with tyrannical countries and their leaders, you can choose to ignore tyrants (or terrorists) a hope they aren't emboldened by your naiveté, you can even choose to make peace the goal through military strength, but you can’t choose peace, (as an outcome) anymore than a kid can choose not to be bullied… 

A nation can take steps to achieve or maintain peace, but achieving and/or maintaining peace is a result, not a choice, and there’s always at least one crazy dictator (or radical religious factor) who wants to kill and take over the weak (and sometimes, the not so weak).

Back to the bullying analogy, I can see it now.  A bully decides to pick on a random smaller kid, and the kid says “Oh, you can’t bully me, I've chosen not to be bullied”… 

Oh…   That takes care of things…   I’m sure the bully will apologize and go look for another victim…  

Like that’s gonna work! 

In all honesty, what happens next is the kid ends up getting the crap beat out of him…

I really wanted to tell the poor misguided girl, with the “Choose Peace” T-Shirt that she was a delusional moron, but you can never debate common sense with some of these people.

Choices are only points of direction, while Goals, such as “World Peace” have to be earned, and I’m sorry to say that an idiotic T-Shirt won’t quite get her over that hump…

No comments:

Post a Comment