Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The only "running" I'm going to do is "running late"...

This is getting frustrating…   My body has now decided to "settle in" at the weight that it occupied for several years…   And I ain’t happy about it!

I know it’s been a rough few weeks for the diet, but I’ve really been good since Monday. 

Ok...  I know it’s only Wednesday, but I feel like I’ve been here for about 2 or 3 weeks.  I need a little push to get back on the 3 lbs. a week momentum that I have been on until now.

Dare I say it?  It’s probably time that I invest in the dreaded “E” word…   Exercise…  

Last winter, a friend of mine said that he felt like I should go "running" with him...   I told him (in the words of my mother) to go take a nap and the feeling would go away.

This has been so much fun, losing weight without working out.  In fact, that’s the whole reason that a competitive guy like me loves competing in chili cook-offs so much.  It’s the thrill of highly intense competition without the inconvenience of physical exertion.

I’ve always said “Fat boys don’t like to sweat”, however, it may be about time that I drag my fat butt back into the gym and do just that…   Sweat!...   Maybe that’ll get my weight loss momentum jump-started again.

Oh well…   Weigh-day is Friday, so I have a little time to, hopefully, drop a few more lbs. before I do something drastic. 

1 comment:

  1. cut your daily gin intake in half and get your butt out here and help me in this vineyard and the pounds will melt off...

    ReplyDelete