Monday, March 28, 2011

Via con Dios mi amigo...

I’m afraid I’ve hit the dreaded “Wall” or plateau in my weight loss journey.  In fact, I’ve bounced around between a 2 lb. fluctuation (back & forth) for the past week, but I think I have a valid excuse.  Last Monday, we got some heart breaking news, that my wife’s precious father (who was also one of my dearest friends) had suddenly passed away. 

Therefore, before I go further excusing myself for the current state of my fatness, I’d like to say that I will very much miss Lt Col Roger Lee Feaster, USAF (Ret).  He was a wonderful Husband, Father, Grandfather and Friend, a staunch Patriot, and a faithful & tireless servant of Christ.  

In short, he was the epitome of integrity.  I think I can truly say that he is one of the few people that I’ve known in my half century of life, that I wish my life could emulate. 

So, Wednesday began a week of eating airport food on the go, and 5 days of funeral food. 

Funeral Food deserves to be it’s own food group in and of itself.  It is almost always homemade as well as made with a great amount of love.  It is eaten standing up and is impossible to measure any volume of calories on each plate.  I will admit that, to my dismay, I didn’t see a single deviled egg the entire week.  In my case, that was probably a good thing.  I’m a deviled egg junkie…

But, needless to say, I sampled almost everything else and fell off the diet wagon.

Today is a new day, and hopefully, will have some progress to show when I go in for Weigh Day on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Denning,

    Condolences on the passing of Jan's father. The moments we have left with loved ones at this stage in our life grow shorter each day. Enjoy each one.

    Keep up the good work you have done on your health journey. We are all rooting for you!

    Martha

    ReplyDelete