Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bathroom Scales vs Coffee

I think that most everyone can agree that one of the most frustrating things about dieting under a Doctor's care is the inconsistency of Bathroom Scales and Doctor's Scales.  Know what I mean?

I weighed myself at home the morning before I first went to the weight loss clinic and then was weighed again upon arrival there.  Both displays read within about a pound of each other.  This was a good thing because it means that I can have a real sense of confidence on my “weigh days” at the clinic.

Today’s “weigh day” was not to be a confident  day. 

The news was still good, but not as good as it was as I stood naked (which is never a good thing) looking down at my bathroom scales about 20 minutes after I woke up.  According to my bathroom scales, I’ve lost 9 Lbs in the past 10 days…  I was ecstatic…   That is, until I got on the clinic scales a couple of hours later and they only had me at a 2 ½ lb loss…. 

Hmmmm…   Something seems amiss!

I’ll have to admit that the scales that the nurse at the clinic weighed me on were different than the scales that they were weighed me on day one…   Still, that’s a 6 lb difference and I know my clothes don’t weigh 6 lbs.

Six pounds is 96 oz and that’s a little less than the amount of water they have me drinking each day.  I think I’d notice if my clothes weighed that much.  Maybe I drank that much coffee, but I doubt it. You would think I’d be bouncing off the ceiling if I had drank 96 oz of coffee in one morning.  Even by the standards of my big coffee mug, that’s one entire 12 cup pot of coffee… 

Ok, maybe I did drink about 6 cups (more like 12 oz to 14 oz mugs) which would have been around 70 or 80 oz of coffee and that’s 5 lbs.

Now that I think of it…   Never mind…

No comments:

Post a Comment