Monday, February 28, 2011

Just when you think you're on a roll...

When I decided to take up “blogging”, I figured it would be an easy thing to do, since all you really need is a little time and an opinion…   I didn’t realize that life’s little distractions, like planning my high school reunion and running to the liquor store because my in-laws are coming in town tomorrow and other errands would get in the way.

Needless to say, I have valid excuses for having not “blogged” in two weeks.  However, for those of you keeping up, the diet is going pretty good.  I’m still averaging about 3 lbs. a week. 

Having lost almost 15 lbs. since February 1st, I decided to reward myself with a couple of chili cheese burritos from Taco Bell on Saturday, and although I was good and ate fish & broccoli for dinner, the burritos turned out to be a big mistake.  This morning, I was back up 1 lb. from Saturday morning… 

One of the many great things about our Heavenly Father, is that, every now and then, he does subtle little things to get our attention (just to let us know he’s watching), in my case, it was a chili cheese burrito “bitch slap” that put a whole pound of hard earned weight loss, back on my fat butt.  Fortunately, I am more motivated than discouraged…

So…  This morning, I was back on my 60 calories of Egg Beaters (with a couple of teaspoons of picante sauce mixed in), a cup of coffee with artificial sweetener and a handful of vitamins and other meds (that my doctor decided I needed, upon reaching middle age).  Lunch was about 250 calories of tuna fish salad, and for dinner, grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast covered in Louisiana Hot Sauce with some veggies and my usual ration of cocktails…

I’m not absolutely confident, but I’m pretty sure that TV sucks tonight, so it could be early to bed, a good night’s sleep and hopefully, the bathroom scales will be nicer to me in the morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment