Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Clinical Weight Loss - Day One

Well, actually Day One is tomorrow, but since I went to the weight loss clinic today, we'll call today Day One.

This is the same Doctor that I went to when I was 27 years old, and I lost 50 lbs, but this time it’s different.  This time, I need to lose a little more than 50 Lbs. and I’m also 26 years older, so the metabolism is significantly slower. 

I arrived at the clinic in amidst light snow flurries.  The perfect beginning to a memorable day, filled out all the paperwork, along with the list of current medications and vitamin supplements that I now take.  On the medications line, I wrote “See Attachment”. It took up a whole page.

They were very nice and friendly. They weighed me and I’m happy to say that no one screamed when I removed my shirt for the EKG, which, quite frankly, was a surprise to me. My blood pressure was normal. And we were ready for the consultation.  They explained the cost of the program and the different foods I could and couldn’t eat.   

Then came time for the Vitamin B shot.

I’m not afraid of shots and I’m not afraid of having my blood drawn, as long as I don’t look at the needle as it’s being stuck into my awaiting flesh, but I don’t really care for shots in the butt.  For some reason, they always drive the needle all the way down to the pelvic bone, which drives me to my knees.  On the other hand, the needle, being no longer than it was, and my butt being what it is, we safely avoided my pelvic bone (I’m sure, by a considerable distance) and I am happy to say that it wasn’t a really bad experience.

Then they gave me some Fat Blocker Pills and some Fat Burner Pills and an Appetite Suppressant and the bill for the initial visit and consultation, which was the least plesant  part of the day.

My favorite part of it all was when they told me that today is a free day, so I can go eat whatever I want.  

Hmmm…   That could possibly mean 3 Chili Cheese Dogs from Weinerland, or a Double Meat Double Cheese Burger from Whataburger.  And then, there’s the third alternative (as suggested by my brother), a Double Meat Double Cheese Whataburger Jr and 2 Chili Cheese Dogs for desert. 

What can I say, it’s a free day and I won’t even be able to get close enough to either of these fine establishments to even smell them for ne next 40 or 50 lbs.  Let’s just say, I’m pleading the 5th.

 I’m eager to see how this works.  Keep you posted…

Adios...

1 comment:

  1. Went on one of those diets thru a "weight loss center" - high protein supplements, vitamins, metabolism boosters (until they did AWAY with ephedra based products) and more chicken than the law should allow. I think me getting OFF the diet is what caused the downfall of Bo Pilgrim!! Actually got down below "pre-high school weight" and felt weak a lot..e.ven tho I was a 100+ lighter....folks thought I had AIDS!
    As soon as I got off the diet, the weight went back on which, I guess was good for the Santa season!

    Will be watching your outcome on this new project!

    ReplyDelete