Monday, February 14, 2011

It's all down hill from here

Today marks the end of my second week of the 172 day journey of weight loss and my 35 year High School Reunion. That leaves 158 days and if my calculations are right, I should lose about 50 to 75 lbs. by the time the reunion rolls around.  That is, if I can hurdle the stumbling blocks along the way (and with the pounds I need to lose, the word “hurdle” is not in the vocabulary).

Let’s recap…  Halloween, Thanksgiving, 30 days of Christmas Goodies then Christmas, New Year’s College Bowl Games, NFL Play-Offs and the Super Bowl.  No doubt, the past two weeks have been a struggle and I have about 8 hours to go.

One minor detail that I left out of my original equation was my birthday and Valentine’s Day, which falls the week after the Super Bowl. Yep, today is Valentine’s Day and yesterday was my 53rd birthday (which doesn’t really reflect my philosophical age because my precious daughter says I have the maturity of a 13 to 15 year old boy).

So, toward the end of last week, the doorbell rings and it’s a frozen cheese cake from my very dear friends who live in Billings, Montana.  Then there’s all the chocolate that’s going to be lingering around our house for the next day or two. 

Fortunately for me, sweets aren’t my “Kryptonite”.  That would be chips and salsa, pizza or a double meat double cheese burger with everything on it.…   Even old friends who have known me for 35 years know that.  And just to make that point, I had a double meat double cheese burger for my birthday yesterday.  But that was my only real vice yesterday and tonight is a nice valentine dinner with friends at a fancy Mediterranean Restaurant.  

I’m not sure how I’ll side step the temptations of this evening because, even if I order something healthy, like fish, it’ll be covered in about 10,000 calories of some awesomely creamy sauce. I’ll figure something out.

Tomorrow, however, is a new day (and the beginning of week 3), and hopefully 158 days of limited temptation. Hopefully, it'll be all down hill.

1 comment:

  1. I went on a 31 day diet. All I lost was 31 days. :(

    Good luck, Denning.

    ReplyDelete