Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'll have a Beef Patty with an Egg Over Easy on top!

The one good thing about starting a diet, is that the first few days of "said diet", you have to consume mostly protien, and that the body turns into a "fat burning machine" so they let you eat a lot of meat and eggs. 

My cholesterol has never really been a problem, but, just to play it safe, my Doctor and I decided that it would be a good idea to take Statin Medication, for Cholesterol Maintenance.  
Only problem is that it becomes a license to eat.  I discovered that the hard way.

On the other hand, while dieting and under a Doctor’s care, the infusion of fatty, meaty foods is ok.  Right?...   Right!

So, when I started this endeavor a few days ago, and when my weight counselor told me meat and eggs only,  I thought this would be easy.   Not really.


Meat or eggs, as a side order to meat, just seems wrong...   Tasty, but wrong...

I had lunch with my daughter today and ordered a beef patty.  The waitress asked what I’d like for a side dish.  Well, I’m not supposed to have veggies yet, and I knew French fries are not on the plan, so I asked if I could have an egg, over easy on top? 

She asked if that was on my diet.  I told her that it is for the next two days.  She told me that they didn’t keep eggs at this particular establishment. So I had opted for a dry hamburger patty.  I did add a little mustard.

Next time, I’m going for the 12 oz. Sirloin.

No comments:

Post a Comment