Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week Two - I think I’m beginning to get the hang of this…

Week One and Super Bowl Weekend out of the way and I’m down 2 Lbs.  There’s a shocker.  I think I’m beginning to get the hang of this…

I will admit that, in order to survive the weekend, I stretched the 3 days of meat and eggs only to 5 days. 

Now, I’m on my 2nd day of Week Two, the week that I actually have to develop some healthy eating habits.  I think that as long as I measure out my Chicken & Tuna Salads for each day and limit my calories to about 200 to 250 calories, then I’m off to the races.

So, here’s the easy part so far. For Breakfast, ½ cup of Egg Beaters (60 calories) with a tsp of Pica de Gallo or Pace’s Picante Sauce scrambled in and microwaved with no butter or margarine.  Then for Lunch I have either Chicken or Tuna Salad.

With Coffee and Creamer I’m easily under 300 calories, and a couple of rolled up slices of Turkey for a midafternoon snack brings me up to around 300 to 350 calories heading into dinnertime. 

Now, keep in mind that I'm supposed to stick to about 500 calories a day.

That leaves about 150 calories for dinner.  As much as I’d like to think I could survive on 150 calories for dinner, I have to admit “That dog won’t hunt!”.

I do think that I can still stick to a mostly protein (grilled meat) dinner and stay on track.  I’m thinking, 800 calories (not including the cocktails required to supervise the grilling of “said meat”.  I think I can still manage the whole day on less than 1500 calories. 

That’s not too bad, is it?

Last night was a couple of Grilled Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (glazed with a mixture of Olive Oil and Louisiana Hot Sauce) and a handful of Asparagus.  Tonight is probably a grilled tri-tip roast with some green beans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment